Delivery management - Anywhere in the UK
We're known for radical transparency and great collaboration. As a delivery manager you'll be at the heart of us living up to this, and coaching us to continuously improve.
We work with public sector clients on delivering and continuously improving their digital services to solve complex problems. We achieve this through a multi-disciplinary team working in a highly-collaborative and open way — and the delivery manager is vital to supporting the whole team.
- Clear, professional, human, and effective writing skills
- Strong presentation skills whether in-person or on videocalls
- Supporting team members in synchronising with each other for sharing knowledge and information easily
- Being able to listen to and interpret client and stakeholder needs
- Being able to support the product owner in communicating strategy and priorities
- Coaching team members to develop their skills and agile practices
- Engaging with senior stakeholders
- Confident in hosting videocall meetings
- Leading great retrospectives that provide a safe and creative environment for all team members to contribute to improving the way we work
- Facilitating difficult conversations with team members or stakeholders
- Working out loud: sharing the work of the team through blogs, social media, internal comms updates and more
- Communicating in free-range/distributed/remote teams
- Bringing a team together and nurturing a culture for productive and satisfying work
- Designing and facilitating workshops
- Leading engaging meetings
- Working with the team on problem-solving
- Facilitate the delivery flow of the team
- Helping the team maintain project boards and documentation
- Maintaining a clear picture of the progress of the project
- Keeping a regular cadence of team, client and stakeholder meetings
- Manage projected budgets and expenditure
- Planning for delivery of a project through its whole lifecycle
- Identifying problems or blockers and helping the team and the client resolve them
- Understand different Agile and Lean frameworks, methodologies and practices — and be able to compare and decide on which to use in which context
- Understand the Government Service Standard and able to lead a team and the client through all the phases in the service lifecycle
- Working with a variety of communications tools for videocalls, document writing, mapping, etc.
- Working with a variety of project management tools
- Comfortable adapting to new tools as needed to support the client and the team
- Able to use Keynote and/or Google Slides to create engaging and informative presentations
- We're highly selective in the projects and clients we take on, meaning you'll be working on things that genuinely make a positive impact on society, so you can be proud of your work
- Salary: £44k (plus 10% London weighting if you’re based inside M25). We will consider appointing a senior role instead, for a suitably experienced candidate.
- Pension, including employer contributions of 5%
- Work from anywhere (mostly from home but some UK travel, mostly to London, is required as part of this role) — so you won't have an expensive stressful commute.
- Flexible, life-respecting working hours
- Unlimited annual leave (minimum level of 28 days enforced, otherwise agreed via peer review)
- Unlimited professional development budget (agreed via peer review)
- Your own company card for expenses so you're never out of pocket and you can just sort out whatever you need to do your job
This position is only open to applicants based in the UK with the right to work in the UK.
We do not deal with recruitment agencies, so please only apply directly.